- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - New York UNHQ Liaison Office (UNISDR NY)
- 15 May 2013
- United States of America (New York City, New York)
- Dag Hammarskjold Auditorium, UN Headquarters
10:00 am - 11:00 am
The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction is pleased to announce that the Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction – the UN flagship publication on global disaster risk and disaster risk management – will be launched by the Secretary-General, H.E. Mr. Ban Ki-moon, at 10 am on 15 May 2013 at the Dag Hammarskjöld Library Auditorium, United Nations Headquarters.
The third edition of this biennial publication, titled From Shared Risk to Shared Value: the Business Case for Disaster Risk Reduction highlights how the transformation of the global economy over the last forty years has led rapid increases in disaster risk in low, medium and high income countries, affecting businesses and societies
10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Welcome remarks by Chair, H.E. Mr. Enrique Román-Morey, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Peru
- Remarks by H.E. Mr. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations
- Overview of the key findings of the 2013 Global Assessment Report From Shared Risk to Shared Value: the Business Case for Disaster Risk Reduction by Mr. Andrew Maskrey, Lead Author and Head of the Risk Knowledge, United Nations Office Disaster Risk Reduction
- Remarks by Mr. Joe Rizzo, Global Relationships Partner, PwC
- Remarks by Mr. Jay Collins, Vice Chairman Corporate and Investment Banking, Citigroup
- Interactive discussion, moderated by Ms. Margareta Wahlström, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Concluding remarks by H.E Mr. Paul Seger, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Switzerland to the United Nations
How to register
Those with UN grounds passes can attend without registering.
For those from outside UN without grounds passes, kindly RSVP to Maria Hasan with the subject line: 'GAR RSVP' and include their names and contact information no later than May 6 to facilitate their entry into the premises.
Directions on how to access the auditorium will be communicated directly to those who RSVP.
PRESS: Please see attached press conference announcement and media advisory.
- Advocacy & Media, Private Sector, Risk Identification & Assessment, Disaster Risk Management
- United States of America