- Meeting or Conference
- Association for Canadian Educational Resources (ACER); Carolinian Canada Coalition; Ontario Urban Forest Council
- 23-24 May 2013
- Humber college
The symposium 150 attendees will meet with students and teachers involved in measuring and reporting changes in biodiversity and work with Canadian climate change Nobel Prize winning scientists.
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013 – 9:30 am to 6:30 pm: Sharing Data and Experiences
- Students share success and challenges of planting and monitoring (10yr) impacts on species biodiversity with scientists.
- Forest plot staff share monitoring with scientists (1997 to 2012)
- Walking tour ACER programs
- Rubber boot reception /ACER AGM
- OUFC celebration tree planting 5:30 pm
Friday, May 24th, 2013 9:30 am to 3:30 pm: How Can we Adapt to Change?
- Community panel: Sharing findings and issues
- Carolinian Canada AGM
- Posters, walking tours
- Science panel: Sharing Future and Issues
- Mini-round tables: Communities and scientists work together to address these issues and plan practical solutions
Event fee2-day Symposium Price: $ 117.52
What is included in the event feeAll meals
How to register
Please register online
- Climate Change, Community-based DRR