- Meeting or Conference
- United Kingdom Association for Disaster Research (UKADR)
- 23-26 Jul 2013
- Friends House, 173 Euston Road
The objective of the event is to generate debate and innovative ideas attracting young people to promote and strengthen Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation.
The conference will allow youth to become active participants rather than passive observers, thus reaffirming the fact that 'an informed and motivated citizenry will ensure good governance on DRR, and good governance will thrive on the input of proactive citizens' (Children on the Frontline: 'Children and Young People in Disaster Risk Reduction').
The goal of The Youth Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction 2013 is to provide young people with different backgrounds the necessary knowledge and tools to address disaster risk reduction and climate change and agree on common solutions through dialogue and cooperation, aimed at developing awareness of these global problems that cross borders.
Event feeEarly registration (by 30 April 2013) - £ 290, Normal registration (by 31 May 2013) - £ 360
What is included in the event fee
- Accommodation at the Royal National Hotel for 5 nights (meals: breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Welcome cocktail
- Admission to all sessions of the conference
- Coffee breaks during the conference
- Tour and excursion
- Opening Gala Fourchette
- Official closing traditional-style dinner
- Book(s) of abstracts
- Conference Bag
- All extra must be paid by participants: phone, taxi, etc.
Target audienceYoung people aged 16-30 from all countries with a good knowledge of English and a good understanding of disaster risk reduction and climate change.
- Climate Change, Governance, Disaster Risk Management
- United Kingdom