- Meeting or Conference
- Andean Community General Secretariat (CAN); Autoridad Nacional del Agua; CARE Peru; Consortium for Sustainable Development of the Andean Ecoregion (CONDESAN); Geophysical Institute of Peru (IGP); Glaciers Project; Ministerio del Ambiente; Mountain Institute, the; National Weather Service and Hydrology of Peru (SENAMHI); Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC); United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Office in Latin America and the Caribbean (UNESCO-OREALC); University at Albany (UAlbany); University of Zurich
- 01-04 Jul 2013
- Peru (Huaraz, Ancash Province)
Foro Internacional Glaciares: challenge of research at society’s service in the framework of climate change, seeks to get to know the experiences, practices and national and international researches about glaciers, creating opportunities for cooperation and development in the field of the Andes and other mountains areas in the world, from a technical, scientific, cultural and management perspective, in the context of climate change.
- Provide space for the exchange of information, experiences and knowledge management about researches related to glaciers and their environment.
- Contribute to the coordination of research between local, national and international institutions, and to the development of joint research programs related to glaciers and their environment, that contribute to national development in climate change adaptation, water management and risk prevention.
- Propose guidelines for the design and implementation of public policies for the strengthening of the institutional framework of glaciology at national and regional levels. Consolidating Peru as a country articulator for research and management of glaciers and their environment.
- Discuss and reflect about appropriate actions to increase public and private investment in research on glaciers and mountains, to tackle climate change, increased disaster risk and pressure on water resources.
- Share with the general public information about the importance of glaciers, the effects caused by climate change, increasing disaster risks, effects on water resources and within strategic sectors of economic development.
How to register
- Climate Change, Information Management, Governance, Water, Disaster Risk Management