- Training Course
- International Centre for Parliamentary Studies, the (ICPS)
- 20-23 May 2013
- United Kingdom (London)
- 02-05 Dec 2013
- United Kingdom (London)
As the consequences of climate change become increasingly clear with increased quantity and intensity of natural catastrophes, the ability to plan strategically to both mitigate the consequences of disasters and develop sustainably and with environmental awareness is more important than ever.
This is a specialist training course leading to a Level 7 CMI Certificate in Management and Leadership. Upon completion of this week-long course and subsequent written tasks, the successful candidate will be awarded a Level 7 CMI Certificate in Management & Leadership showing the CMI units achieved. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a transcript from the International Centre for Parliamentary Studies certifying the specialization in Strategic Climate Change Adaptation.
This programme seeks to further understanding of climate change issues and their effects on policymaking and explore understandings of strategic development of planning to mitigate the consequences of climate change.
As climate change advances, it is important to develop resilience and adapt society to its effects, requiring multidisciplinary skills and an ability to integrate multiple sectors into strategic plans.
This course equips participants with the knowledge of successful techniques to integrate environmental and sustainability concerns into strategic planning, develop efficient environmental regulatory regimes, and effectively respond to disasters. Overall, through discussions with leading practitioners in the sector, the course schools participants in the importance of assimilating climate change adaptation into all areas of development planning.
Skills & knowledge to be acquired:
- Understanding the myriad of potential effects of environmental change
- Integrating sustainability into all planning aspects
- Communicating effectively with other actors to facilitate cross-sector sustainability
- Developing systems to regulate environmental change
- Chartered Management Institute qualification
- Through the qualification tasks, development of own plans and strategies in sustainable and environmental areas
- Lesson and strategy sharing with other participants
Main topics included:
- Relationship between transnational policy developments and local policy
- Strategies for securing investment
- Energy efficiency and strategies
- Environmental governance
- Disaster mitigation strategies
- Climate change and effects on policy making
- Implications of environmental strategies
- Principles of strategic planning
What is included in the event feeThe cost of the training covers all tuition, materials, assessments, and membership of the CMI from the beginning of the programme until the written tasks are completed, but not visa costs, accommodation or transport.
How to register
Please register online
For more information and details on how to register please email ICPS or call +44 20 3137 8640
- Climate Change, Governance, Economics of DRR, Social Impacts & Social Resilience
- United Kingdom