- Meeting or Conference
- Nature Conservation Council of NSW (NCC)
- 04-05 Jun 2013
- Australia (Surry Hills)
- NSW Teachers Federation Conference Centre, 37 Reservoir Street
This conference will explore the role holistic fire management can play in making our landscapes and communities more resilient in a changing climate. New scientific research, policy updates and on ground management issues and success stories will be presented. This year we are introducing speed talks - four minute talks intended for people wishing to: introduce a new concept, present some interim results, or share an on ground success story.
There will be four symposia on the following themes:
- Resilience (environmental, social and cultural) - What is it? How do we achieve it?
- Good fire vs bad fire? - Managing fire to meet desirable local outcomes
- Using fire for restoration - More than burning within specific thresholds
- Strengthening community resilience - What tools are available and how to use them.
Event feeTwo day conference reg: Corporate/Government ($360), Non-Profit/Student ($190), NCC Member Societies ($150), Conference Dinner ($65), One day conference reg: Corporate/Government ($240), Non-Profit/Student ($130), NCC Member Societies ($100)
- Climate Change, Community-based DRR, Environment & Ecosystems
- Wild Fire