- Meeting or Conference
- California-Nevada Public Health Training Center (CA-NV PHTC); Loma Linda University Center for Public Health Preparedness (CPHP); Southwest Regional Public Health Training Center (SRPHTC); UCLA Center for Public Health and Disasters (CPHD)
- 19-22 May 2013
- United States of America (California)
- Torrance Marriott Hotel
3635 Fashion Way, Torrance, CA 90503
About the conference:
The public health consequences of natural and intentional disasters cut across many substantive areas. This unique multidisciplinary national conference will bring together academicians, researchers, practitioners, and policy-makers from public health, mental health, community disaster preparedness and response, social sciences, government, media, and non-governmental organizations.
To provide an forum that continues to promote a dialogue and exchange of ideas between local health departments and others involved in improving emergency public health preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery.
Session topics include:
- Climate change
- Hurricane sandy
- Community Partnerships
- Preparedness and accreditation
- Measuring and assessing preparedness
What is included in the event feeFee covers all training materials, 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, morning and afternoon snacks, and 1 evening reception.
Target audienceThe Conference is designed for public health professionals as well as individuals and organizations from both the public and private sectors involved in emergency public health preparedness and response. The diverse topics will be relevant to public health and medical practitioners, emergency medical services professionals, researchers, and managers involved in the wide range of emergency public health issues resulting from natural and human-generated disasters.
How to register
Click here to register
- Climate Change, Community-based DRR, Health & Health Facilities, Recovery, Social Impacts & Social Resilience
- United States of America