- Meeting or Conference
- Western Silvicultural Contractors' Association (WSCA)
- 10-13 Apr 2013
- Canada (Kelowna)
Managing wildfires is not just about suppression. It’s about many other things: Land use decisions, resource and utility operations, home design and insurance, municipal priorities, resource policy and jurisdiction, etc.
The 2013 Western Wildfire Conference is about how all these imperatives can work together to avoid unmanageable wildfire events and their consequences.
A scan of headlines from Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest over the past ten years clearly demonstrates that wildfire hazards are increasing in our wild land-urban interfaces. The goal of the Western Wildfire Conference is to bring together delegates, exhibitors and sponsors from Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest to discuss and explore past fire catastrophes, lessons learned and strategies for the future. If you are impacted by wildfire, we encourage you to attend.
Event feeWithout accomodation: $519.00; With accomodation: $779.00 - $1049.00
What is included in the event fee
All registration fees include Thursday & Friday presentations, 2 breakfasts, 4 coffee breaks, 2 lunches, and a Thursday night banquet.
Accomodation options (2 nights):
- $779.00 - Mode Standard accommodation
- $819.00 - Lakeview accommodation
- $1049.00 - 2 Bedroom Condo which sleeps 2 people in 2 separate bedrooms, each with their own ensuite. There is also a full kitchen, living room, dining table and fireplace plus a queen pull out couch.
Target audienceIf you are a business, community leader or a resource manager with assets or interests in and around the forests of the West, then you have an interest in wildfire and attending this conference.
How to register
Please register online.
- Environment & Ecosystems, Governance
- Wild Fire