- Training Course
- Italian Society for Climate Sciences (SISC)
- 23-24 Sep 2013
- Italy (Lecce)
- Castle of Charles V
The Italian Society for the Climate Sciences aims at contributing to scientific progress and innovation of climatic sciences in Italy by promoting the convergence of disciplines and multidisciplinary research. The conference, entitled "Climate change and its implications on ecosystem services and society" aims to involve scientists, researchers, policy makers, Italians, and foreigners working in close contact with our country, whose activities closely affect aspects of climate change and their relationships on environmental and socio-economic systems.
- Create and promote an interdisciplinary platform for discussion of climate systems and its interactions with environment and society
- Promote a constructive and transdisciplinary dialogue between scientists, decision makers, operational service providers and general public
- Explore and model physical-chemical-biological-societal-economic responses through advanced technical capabilities
- Foster scientific exchange on sustainable growth, adaptation and mitigation policies
Advances in Climate Science
- Theories, observations, and models of the dynamics of atmospheric and oceanic fluids: climate change, rapid environmental changes, forecasts and projections, mesoscale processes and extreme events
Implications on ecosystem services
- Analysis, projections, models and evaluation of climate change impact and extremes on natural ecosystems and agriculture
- Changes in land-use and land-cover, also due to extreme hydrological and hydrogeological events
- Adaptation and mitigation strategies for hydrological and hydrogeological risks
- Adaptation and mitigation strategies for the management of water resources
Climate policy and economic assessments
- Translate the interactions between climate and the processes concerning ecosystems into economic values.
- Plan and evaluate strategies for adaptation and mitigation policies.
- Assess the impacts of climate extremes and climate change on public health.
- Climate change and urbanization: Implications, feedback and evaluation of strategies and of public choices.
- Implications of climate change on cultural heritage preservation, analysis and assessment of the vulnerability of cultural heritage related to climate change and potential strategies for adaptation and mitigation
Event feeEarly registration: member - $150, member student - $70, new member - $200, new student member - $90, non-member $300; Standard registration: member - $200, student member - $120, new member - $250, new student member - $140, non-member - $350
What is included in the event fee
Participation to all scientific sessions of the conference, coffee breaks, lunches, social event and a USB containing the Conference proceedings.
Deadline for early registration is July 15, 2013
Target audienceThe annual SISC conference is open to scientists, researchers, policy makers, entrepreneurs, associations and experts. The participation of young researchers and doctorates is particularly welcome.
How to register
Please register online
Deadline for online registration is 15 July, 2013
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Risk Identification & Assessment, Governance, Economics of DRR