- Meeting or Conference
- World Animal Protection, Disaster Management) (WSPA)
- Other organizer:
- National Disaster Management Authority (India) (NDMA)
- 17-18 Apr 2013
- India (New Delhi)
- K.K. Birala Auditorium, FICCI
Disaster not only causes loss of life, damages to environment and properties, but has immediate and progressive impact on animals as well, resulting in animal deaths, suffering and economic losses. Hundreds of thousands of animals are affected during disasters such as drought, cyclones, earthquakes, landslides, floods and epidemics. A holistic approach and collective efforts are required to address the issues of animal disaster management more effectively. This may contribute to avoid or minimize the animal suffering, save the animals lives and livelihood of millions of people through protection of animals in disasters.
Preparedness culture is to be inculcated on animal disaster management through awareness, effective information sharing, appropriate education and efficient communication. Join the path of building a safer and disaster resilient India by taking the holistic approach through collective efforts.
- Regulatory and institutional perspective on animal disaster management in India
- Causes and impacts of disasters on animals.
- Transboundry animal diseases, epidemics, pandemics and zoonosis
- Emergency response for animals in disasters.
- Preparedness, prevention and mitigation strategies in animal disaster management.
Target audienceThe university faculty, students, policy makers, government staff, individuals engaged in the field of disaster management, allied institutions, non government organization staff, volunteers and community are to be sensitized and trained in animal care during response, recovery and rehabilitation in case of disaster.
How to register
If you are interested to attend the conference, please write to [email protected] or [email protected] or contact Dr. Ashish Sutar, DM Programme Manager, WSPA India on +91-11-46539342 / +91-9958595345 or Dr. Ashwini Sinha, SRO, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) on +91-11-26701803
- Recovery, Food Security & Agriculture
- Cyclone, Drought, Earthquake, Epidemic & Pandemic, Flood, Land Slide