- Meeting or Conference
- European Geosciences Union (EGU)
- 07-12 Apr 2013
- Austria (Vienna)
The EGU General Assembly 2013 will bring together geoscientists from all over the world into one meeting covering all disciplines of the Earth, Planetary and Space Sciences. Especially for young scientists, it is the aim of the EGU to provide a forum where they can present their work and discuss their ideas with experts in all fields of geosciences.
Climate: Past, Present, Future
- Urban climate, urban heat island and urban biometeorology
- Interglacial climate change - Learning from paleoclimate archives and models
- Stochasticity and statistical physics in climate dynamics,
- Synoptic climatology – methods and applications
- Nonlinear dynamics of the atmosphere, ocean and the climate system
- Taking the temperature of the Earth: Temperature variability and change across all domains of Earth's surface
- Tropical climate variability and teleconnections: Past, present and future
- Precipitation: Measurement, climatology, remote sensing, and modeling (General Session)
- Land-climate interactions from models and observations: Implications from past to future climate
- Climate data bias-correction and homogenization and climate trends and variability assessment
- Extreme meteorological and hydrological events induced by severe weather and climate change
- Advanced methods in landslides research II: modelling
- Modelling of volcanic hazards and dynamic quantitative risk estimation
- Landslide hazard and risk assessment, and landslide management
- Natural catastrophe risk assessment: Society capacity building and public private academic partnerships
- Flood risk and uncertainty
- Early warning systems for tsunamis and other natural hazards
These are descriptions of two programme groups out of twenty-six interdisciplinary programme groups.
Event feeEGU member: week - €380, day - €210; EGU PhD student member: week - €230, day - €130; Non-member: week - €420, day - €230; PhD non-member: week - €250, day - €140
What is included in the event fee
Participation in the meeting, a public transportation ticket, the information & schedules book, as well as the abstract USB flash drive
How to register
The standard registration is organized online through the Copernicus Office Trader, and can be accessed through this webpage.
Alternatively, participants are welcome to register on-site at the counters located in Hall Z of the congress centre.
Payment of the standard registration is only possible by credit card (American Express, Mastercard, JCB, or VISA).
- Climate Change, Early Warning, Private Sector, Risk Identification & Assessment, Urban Risk & Planning, GIS & Mapping
- Earthquake, Flood, Land Slide, Tsunami, Volcano