- Meeting or Conference
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR); Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations - Headquarters (FAO); Indian Ocean Commission (IOC); New Partnership for Africa's Development Planning and Coordinating Agency (NEPAD); Smart Fish Programme
- 22-24 Apr 2013
- Mozambique (Maputo)
The objective of the workshop is to establish the current baseline with regard to the integration of climate change adaptation and disaster risk management in fisheries and aquaculture activities and policies in Southern and Eastern Africa, and, vice versa, of the integration of fisheries and aquaculture in climate change adaptation and disaster risk management strategies and plans, with the overall aim of coordinating activities and identifying gaps and priority actions to be supported by the NFFP and other partners
- Strengthen the understanding of climate change and disaster impacts on fisheries and aquaculture in Southern and Eastern Africa (potential vulnerabilities and actions to address these).
- Provide an overview of the current status of regional and national priorities with regard to climate change adaptation and disaster risk management in fisheries and aquaculture, and of fisheries and aquaculture in climate change adaptation and disaster risk management strategies and plans, as expressed in regional and national policies and strategies.
- Provide a regional overview of relevant past, ongoing and planned initiatives/activities.
- Present best-practice examples and lessons learned.
- Identify priorities, gaps and actions to be supported by the NFFP and other partners.
(i) Fisheries and aquaculture managers from relevant national and regional institutions, (ii) representatives from Regional Economic Communities (RECs), Regional Fisheries Bodies (RFBs), Lake and River Basin Authorities, LME (Large Marine Ecosystem) Programmes, and fisheries and aquaculture networks and (iii) other relevant stakeholders and resource people working on issues or carrying out activities contributing to climate-change adaptation and disaster-risk management.
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Governance, Disaster Risk Management, Food Security & Agriculture