- Meeting or Conference
- Models for Adaptive Forest Management, Forest Research Institute (MOTIVE); ThinkForest, European Forest Institute (EFI)
- 25 Apr 2013
- Belgium (Brussels)
- European Parliament
Climate change, how it is going to affect European forests, and how managers should respond remains one of the biggest resource management challenges. In the context of the revised Forestry Strategy it will be crucial to address the need to adapt forest management to the changing climate. Expected climate change impacts include enhanced productivity in parts of the boreal and high elevation mountain regions, but in other regions adverse effects prevail like drought induced mortality, unsuitable site conditions for the native tree species in their current locations, and more severe storm and fire disturbances, pest and disease outbreaks. How to adapt forest management to changes in climate and land use was the central topic of the FP7 funded research project MOTIVE as well as of the COST Action ECHOES.
- Present and discuss key findings on knowledge about impacts of climate change in European forests as well as options for adaptation through forest management.
- Share insights and policy recommendations on this important topic in the context of the revision of the EU Forest Strategy
- Discuss needs, tools and approaches for improving the science-policy-practice dialogue to better respond to the climate change challenge in European forestry.
How to register
Please register online
Registration to the event is open until 22 April 2013.
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Governance
- Drought, Insect Infestation