- Meeting or Conference
- An-Najah National University (NNU)
- Other organizer:
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Arab States (UNISDR ROAS)
- 26 Feb 2013
- Palestinian Territory, Occupied
- NNU New Campus.
- Registration and Opening Ceremony to be held in the Prince Turki Bin Abdul Aziz Theater
- Workshop sessions to be held in the Korean - Palestinian IT Institute of Excellence, Conference Hall
- Arabic, English
On the occasion of launching the activities of the SASPARM project Seismic Risk Mitigation in Palestine, under the patronage of the President of An-Najah National University (NNU); Professor Rami Hamdallah, and the visit of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations for disaster risk reduction Ms. Margareta Wahlstrom, the Urban Planning and Disaster Risk Reduction Center at the University is having a workshop entitled: Disaster Risk Mitigation in Palestine.
The main discussion topics of the workshop are:
• How to make cities more resilient?
• Safe public institutions (Schools and hospitals)
• An overview of the SASPARM project (funded by EU - FP7 projects)
The workshop will also include a panel session. The panel will be comprised of representatives from ministries and Palestinian institutions engaged in Disaster Risk Reduction.
How to registerBy Invitation, please call +970 9-2344121 for more information.
- Disaster Risk Management
- Palestine, State of