- Meeting or Conference
- EcoAdapt (EcoAdapt)
- 05-07 Mar 2013
- United States of America (Sacramento)
- California State University
The goal of this workshop is to assess the vulnerability of a suite of focal resources (species, habitats, ecosystem services) to climate change. The workshop will also include a review of climate science for the Sierra Nevada, vulnerability assessment training, discussion and refinement of regional management goals and action opportunities, and identification of spatial analysis needs to facilitate adaptation planning. This is the first workshop of a two-part workshop series. The second workshop will focus on developing adaptation strategies for focal resources.
This workshop includes:
- Review of climate change science for the region
- Vulnerability assessment training following the process described in Scanning the Conservation Horizon: A Guide to Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment
- Vulnerability assessment application for a suite of species, habitat types, and ecosystem services that were chosen prior to the workshop (focal resources)
- Discussion and refinement of regional management action opportunities
- Identification of spatial analysis needs
Target audienceLand managers, planners, natural resource specialists, science and community partners, and conservation practitioners.
- Climate Change, Risk Identification & Assessment
- United States of America