- Training Course
- World Bank Group (WBG)
- 06 Feb - 26 Mar 2013
Urban land use planning, if led by well-informed policies based on sustainable development principles and supported by well-planned and well-managed initiatives, including investments, can help address these challenges. In this regard, WBI developed this course, which covers many of these policies and actions in detail. The course aims to: ensure that participants have a functional and integrated understanding of the dynamics of urban land use; and demonstrate how to effectively utilize policies and planning instruments to manage urban growth and achieve sustainable, equitable and efficient development outcomes.
The course is composed of the following seven modules:
- Understanding How Land Use Planning Contributes to Sustainable Urban Development
- Institutions, Policies and Tools for Effective Land Use Planning
- How to Integrate Land Use Planning and Infrastructure
- How to Manage Growth in Peri-Urban Areas
- How to Promote Local Economic Development through Land Use Planning
- Social Equity and Land Use Planning
- Climate Change and Land Use Planning
The course features a library of case studies that illustrates good practices in sustainable land use planning from around the world. In addition, links are provided to other relevant WBI e-learning products, including courses on slum upgrading, street addressing, safe and resilient cities, and cities and climate change.
Event feeUS $ 250
Target audienceUrban practitioners, policy makers and city managers in developing countries—the very people who are working on urban land use issues on a daily basis and are constantly dealing with the multiple challenges that accompany rapid urbanization.
- Climate Change, Urban Risk & Planning, Critical Infrastructure
- United States of America