- Meeting or Conference
- Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society (AMOS)
- 11-13 Feb 2013
- Australia (Melbourne)
- Melbourne Convention Centre, Exhibition Centre entrance: 2 Clarendon St, South Wharf 3006
Our weather and climate is changing, and so is the working environment for Australian meteorologists, climatologists and oceanographers. The 2013 AMOS National Conference will therefore focus on developments in our understanding of the physical climate system and review the required skills and knowledge of professionals working in the field.
Whilst scientists studying the atmosphere and ocean strive to better understand the key drivers of the climate system and the impacts of enhanced global warming, they are less routinely involved with how this information is then used in developing effective responses to its impacts upon local communities. As CEO of World Vision Australia since 2004, Tim Costello has been instrumental in aid relief leadership and raising awareness of issues of social justice, particularly those affecting the poor in the majority world.
In addition to the general science programme, a number of special sessions will also be held on specific topics related to the observation and modelling of atmospheric and oceanic processes, climate variability and extremes.
Major topics include: -
- Climates of the past and projections for the future
- Variability of atmospheric and oceanic processes at different scales
- Model development: enhancing our understanding of the climate system
- Scientific computing and the 21st century meteorologist, climatologist and oceanographer
Event feeAMOS Member-$450, AMOS Non-member-$550, AMOS Member Student/Retired-$225, AMOS non-member Student/Retired-$275, Dinner only-$100, Dinner - Spouse/Partner Ticket-$80.
What is included in the event feeDinner will be held at Zinc Restaurant. Tickets $100 for conference participants and $80 for accompanying partners/spouses.
You will have the option to book dinner session when registering for AMOS 2013 Conference.
Target audienceScientist, students, AMOS members, AMOS non-members, and other participants are invited.
- Climate Change, Information Management