- Meeting or Conference
- Other organizer:
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- 18-20 Mar 2013 (tentative)
- Korea (Rep. of) (Incheon)
- 406-840 123Central-ro, Yeonsu-Gu,
Songdo ConvensiA (Tentative location)
The 3rd Asia-Pacific Climate Change Adaptation Forum will be held from 18th - 20th March 2013 in Republic of Korea. The main theme of the forum will continue to be on “Mainstreaming Adaptation into Development” with a focus on key selected topics. The Forum is hosted by the Korea Environment Institute (KEI) in association with the Korea Adaptation Center for Climate Change (KACCC). The co-organisers are the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Institute for Global Environment Strategies (IGES), the Regional Resource Centre for Asia and the Pacific (RRC.AP), and the Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI).
Successful adaptation to a changing climate needs sensible strategies that guide and learn from actions. The 3rd Adaptation Forum will assist decision-makers at all levels of government, in business and communities be more strategic and effective in addressing the challenges of development in a changing climate.
Strategies are guides to action important for governments, organizations and communities to design appropriate policies and plans as well as build capacities to adapt. Climate change in some situations demands new strategies – for example for dealing with uncertainties and change – but must also draw on experiences and insights from past strategies in development.
The forum will provide excellent opportunities for a range of actors working in different sectors and systems to share their knowledge about successes, and failures, to effectively adapt to climate. The needs and interests of critical and neglected groups will be highlighted alongside the need for improving knowledge management.
The mixture of plenary and panel discussions as well as diverse side-events will provide participants with an outstanding opportunity to interact and learn about the latest ideas and practices in mainstreaming adaptation. The key outcome of the 3rd Forum will be improved adaptation strategies and actions.
The 3rd Adaptation Forum will be organized around the following four themes:
- Adaptation strategies: What strategies governments, organizations and communities adopting to deal with a variable and changing climate? Are they likely to be successful? Are they sufficient?
- Critical and neglected groups: What are governments, organizations and communities doing to better engage critical, but neglected, actors in adaptation plans and actions?
- Adaptation in sectors and systems: How are stakeholders in different sectors and systems adapting to a changing climate? What actions have they taken? What has worked, what has not?
- Knowledge management for adaptation: How can better use be made of existing knowledge to support adaptation efforts? How can learning from success and failure become more systematic?
What is included in the event feeAll the participants to the 3rd Asia-Pacific Climate Change Adaptation Forum are requested to submit a briefing note about their work related to Climate Change Adaptation that is relevant to the 3rd Asia-Pacific Climate Change Adaptation Forum themes.
The deadline for registrations is 15 January 2013
How to registerAll participants are required to fill-up and submit an online registration form. The deadline for registrations is 15 January 2013.
- Capacity Development, Climate Change, Governance
- Korea, Rep of