- Training Course
- Saritsa Foundation
- 18-19 Jan 2013
- India (Gandhinagar, Gujarat)
- Campus of Deen Dayal Upadhyay Petroleum University
Saritsa Foundation recognizes the critical role of youth in creating a responsive society to cope with disasters. Towards this mission, Saritsa Foundation in partnership with Deen Dayal Upadhyay Petroleum University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India is organizing awareness and preparedness workshops for University staff, and student’s. The team of experts will prepare the participants to be awareness raisers amongst youth to sensitize Disaster Risk Reduction at societal level.
Saritsa Foundation advocates and practices People Centered, People Led and People Owned mechanisms of resilience and Safety Culture. It continuously endeavors to mainstream local people, Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities to empower them to minimize from Disasters and Climate Change.
The objectives are:
1) To raise awareness, impart education and training with use of local resources for innovations.
2) To sensitize youth on their role and responsibility towards preparing people of their society at local level to minimize losses in Disasters.
3) To seek cooperation from educational institutions to be partners to educate youth to recognize their duty to prepare their people of the society to minimize losses in Disasters.
Saritsa Foundation has a mission to reach to people, talk to people and prepare people to be equal partners in the process of disaster management. It recognizes the importance of building capacity to have resilient youth, resilient families and resilient community at bottom of the pyramid where most vulnerable live and face disasters often in rural and urban India.
It is an ongoing mission by Saritsa Foundation to build a momentum to mainstream the people to share information, expertise and local resources as well as imparting education and practical training to make participants to mind map risks to their community and develop viable response mechanism. It is being implemented with minimal resources with commitment, accountability and innovative partnerships.
How to register
It is a workshop for local youth of the university. For more information, please contact Colonel N M Verma, Director General, Saritsa Foundation: [email protected]
- Community-based DRR, Education & School Safety, Social Impacts & Social Resilience, Vulnerable Populations