- Training Course
- Child-to-Child Trust
- 18 Feb - 01 Mar 2013
- Malawi (Lilongwe)
Although children’s abilities to identify, avoid and manage risks are rarely, if ever, recognised, let alone taken into account or developed, children can contribute a great deal to risk management, keeping themselves and other members of their families and communities safe.
In this course, the overall aim is to strengthen participants’ ability to promote children’s participation in risk management, both in everyday life and relating to disasters for themselves and others.
The course objectives are:
- To introduce the Child-to-Child approach.
- To encourage participants to use more active methods in their work with children, and to give the participants the opportunity to experience and experiment with such methods;
- To increase participants' awareness of children's abilities, needs and interests;
- To enable participants to promote children’s participation in community measures to reduce disaster risks, and thus keep themselves, other children and other community members safe.
Event feeFrom 1400 to 200 USD
What is included in the event fee
The cost includes meals (lunch and snacks, but excluding dinner) and resource materials. Accommodation will be organised separately on request.
- Civil Society/NGOs, Community-based DRR, Disaster Risk Management, Vulnerable Populations