- Training Course
- United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)
- 28 Jan - 05 Feb 2013
- South Africa (Cape Town)
- Provincial Disaster Management Centre
The United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) in close collaboration with the University of the Free State, Disaster Management Training and Education Center for Africa of the University of the Free State (UFS-DiMTEC) invites MSc students and practitioners to apply and participate in the course.
Major modules of the course:
- spatio-temporal dimensions of hazards;
- conceptual frameworks of vulnerability and vulnerability assessment;
- vulnerability assessment and its role for disaster management;
- interlinkages between environmental migration and vulnerability;
- environmental and geospatial technologies in support of disaster risk management;
- disaster risk assessment.
The overall goal of the course is to increase the awareness regarding the complexity and importance of vulnerability and resilience in the field of disaster risk management.
As complementary course we advise participants to participate in the following short course “Technology in Disaster Risk Reduction and Response”. It will take place 6-8 February 2013 in Provincial Disaster Management Centre in Cape Town, South Africa.
How to register
To apply please fill attached form and send it together with your CV to [email protected].
Deadline for applications: 14 January 2013.
Inquiries regarding the course fees should be addressed to Ms. Alice Ncube at the University of Free State ([email protected] or 0027 51 401 2721/9701). The United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) or University of the Free State (UFS) DiMTEC WILL NOT cover any travel, local transport or accommodation costs of students accepted. Accepted participants will have to organize their own accommodation while attending the Block Course.
For more information about our course please see the course syllabus enclosed or contact the organizer, Dipl.-Ing. Vilma Hossini ([email protected]).
- Environment & Ecosystems, Risk Identification & Assessment, Space & Aerial Technology, Disaster Risk Management, Vulnerable Populations
- South Africa