- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
- Other organizer:
- Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC); International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC); United Nations Development Programme - Headquarters (UNDP)
- 05-09 Nov 2012
- Korea (Rep. of) (Incheon)
Government officials from Armenia, Cambodia, Gambia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Mongolia and Republic of Korea arrive in Incheon today for a five-day "Leadership Forum on Mainstreaming Adaptation and Disaster Reduction into Development." Over 30 officials from a variety of backgrounds will examine entry points for introducing disaster risk reduction into economic development.
Most come from beyond the usual circle of civil defense and disaster risk management officials and include officials from rural development, finance and economic affairs, planning and investment, environment, water resource and meteorology, and public works and transport.
This forum is the third offered by the UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) in partnership with UNDP, the UN's development arm, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the Asian Disaster Preparedness Centre.
- Environment & Ecosystems, Governance, Economics of DRR, Water, Disaster Risk Management
- Armenia, Cambodia, Gambia, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Mongolia, Korea, Rep of