- Training Course
- National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility (NCCARF)
- 30 Nov 2012
This workshop will introduce the use of agent based simulation for emergency management policy and planning climate change adaptation. It will also demonstrate a flood event and community response simulation developed through this methodology. Participants will be guided through a hands-on exploration using the simulation to explore questions such as:
- How does warning time affect damage to properties?
- Would sandbag depots be effective to avoid damage to properties and would other responses such as flood gates be effective?
- How does an alteration of people’s actions affect damage to properties?
After lunch participants will have the opportunity to discuss ways in which this technology might be transferable to their own work.
What is included in the event feeLap tops and lunch provided.
Target audienceThis event is aimed at decision makers and experts in climate change adaptation and emergency management from a wide range of organisations.
How to register
Please contact Shae Hunter to register your interest in attending: [email protected]
- Capacity Development, Climate Change, Community-based DRR, Governance