- Meeting or Conference
- Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations - New York; Permanent Mission of Mexico to the United Nations - New York
- Other organizer:
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - New York UNHQ Liaison Office (UNISDR NY)
- 16 Nov 2012
- United States of America (New York, NY)
- The Permanent Mission of Japan
866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 230, 2nd Floor
This event, previously scheduled for October 29, was postponed due to Hurricane Sandy. It is now to be held on November 16 from 10:30 am to 11:45 am.
Co-hosted by the Permanent Missions of Japan and Mexico in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction, this briefing will include remarks by High-Level Representatives of the Permanent Missions of Japan and Mexico followed by a presentation by the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Disaster Risk Reduction, Ms. Margareta Wahlström, on the on-going consultations towards the post-2015 disaster risk reduction framework, the implementation of the Hyogo Framework for Action, and preparations for the 2013 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction.
How to register
All individuals who possess a UN grounds pass and are interested in attending should RSVP to Ms Ina Hidayat by sending an email to [email protected].
- Governance, Disaster Risk Management