- Meeting or Conference
- Society of Hydrologists and Meteorologists (SOHAM)
- 27-29 Nov 2013
- Nepal (Kathmandu )
In reality, water is critical for sustainable development, environmental integrity and the eradication of poverty and hunger. Changes in climates have been affecting adversely to water bodies. Changes are seen in hydrological regimes and natural ecosystems. Environment Changes have been worrying issues everywhere. It is more concerned in the mountainous areas. With this context, The Society of Hydrologists and Meteorologists is going to organize an International Conference on “Climate Change, Water, and Disaster in Mountainous Areas“.
Major themes of the conference include:
- climate change and implications on society
- hydrological regimes and water in mountainous countries
- hydrometeorological response to mountainous ecosystems
- water and renewable energy
- disaster risk reduction (DRR)
- traditional and modern knowledge for water resources management
- transboundary issues on water resources
- adaptation strategies
The conference aims to invite scientists, engineers, planners, development workers as well as experts on related fields and, to provide platforms for discussion on observations and thoughts through presentations. The conference is target to gather more than two hundred participants including more than 100 papers.
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Water, Disaster Risk Management