- Meeting or Conference
- Kyoto University Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies (KU GSGES)
- 02-05 Sep 2013
- Japan (Kyoto )
- Kyoto TERRSA, Shinmachi Kujo Minami-ku
The theme of this symposium is "Integrated Sediment Management for River Basin Sustainability — Challenges and Prospects towards Mid-21st Century".
With the rapid change of global climate, there is a great demand on revision and improvement of sediment management know-how and practices. The Kamo River in the city of Kyoto provides an excellent demonstration on typical sediment-related problems and sediment management methods in Japan.
Under this theme, the symposium topics include
- Integrated sediment management in river basin scale
- Sediment yield
- Sediment transport and morphology in rivers and lakes
- Local scour and erosion
- Reservoir sedimentation and management
- Sediment issues in estuarine and coastal area
- Environmental and ecological aspects of sediment management
- Modeling and measurement techniques
- Sediment related disasters
- Social, economic and political problems related to sediment management
Event feeFrom JPY20,000 to JPY63.000
What is included in the event feeFull registration includes conference attendance, conference kit, reception, banquet, refreshments, lunches and technical tours. Student registration includes conference attendance, conference kit and refreshments.
- Climate Change, Environment & Ecosystems, Water, Disaster Risk Management