- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Africa (UNISDR AF); World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- 15-19 Oct 2012
- Zimbabwe (Victoria Falls)
- Elephant hill Hotel
During AMCOMET one session will be co organised by WMO and UNISDR on Climate services and DRR
The AMCOMET Panel Discussion entitled, 'Weather and Climate Services in Support of Disaster Risk Reduction in Africa' aims to link weather and climate knowledge to disaster risk reduction decision making process and discuss how to improve weather and climate products and their dissemination to render them useful to end-users of all levels.
Goals of the Session
The goals of this session are to:
- identify experiences which can serve as best practices,
- discuss ways to improve weather and climate products to support decision making
- clarify the roles of relevant partners to increase synergies in complementary disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation programmes.
- Early Warning, Risk Identification & Assessment, Disaster Risk Management