- Training Course
- Armenian National Survey for Seismic Protection (NSSP); Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA); United Nations Children's Fund - Armenia (UNICEF Armenia)
- 12 Oct 2012
- Armenia (Yerevan)
- Ministry of Emergency Situations
In disaster management, schools play significant roles. School can be evacuation places for local people as well as students in emergency situations. But the most notable characteristic is that schools can provide students with education equally. School can give disaster education to all students. It contributes to students to cope with disasters when disasters occur now and in the future.
Objectives of the Workshop
- To exchange experiences and lessons on disasters and school disaster education between Armenia and Japan
- To share the issues to promote school based active learning in Armenia
- To propose the action to promote school based active learning in Armenia
- To discuss strategies for mainstreaming gender issues in DRR education.
- Education & School Safety, Gender, Vulnerable Populations