- Meeting or Conference
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (Viet Nam) (MARD); United Nations Development Programme - Viet Nam (UNDP Viet Nam); United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN); Vietnam Women's Union
- 12 Oct 2012
- Viet Nam (Hanoi)
- Hanoi Club, 76 Yen Phu, Ho Tay
The key note speaker for the main event is Ms Madhavi Lalithakala Ariyabandu - a regional expert on gender dimensions of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation, she has designed and coordinated numerous researches and training initiatives on risk reduction and gender issues, she has analyzed disaster management policies with special reference to South Asia. Apart from delivering her key note speech, Ms Madhavi will co-chair a panel of high decision-making women and technical specialists who will debate/address the issue of gender in DRR in Viet Nam.
Objectives of the Event are:
- To recognize and acknowledge the role and contribution of women and girls in disaster risk reduction at high policy level in Viet Nam
- To advocate for systematic decision to involve women and girls in formal decision making processes dealing with disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation
- To share best practices from the field on gender mainstreaming in disaster risk reduction
- To consult a regional UNISDR expert on issues of gender dimension in disaster risk reduction tailored to Vietnamese context.
Target audienceIntended audience is Government of Viet Nam (MARD/CCFSC), donor community (embassies and bilateral organizations) and local and international non-governmental organizations working in the area of disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in Viet Nam.
- Civil Society/NGOs, Gender, Governance, Vulnerable Populations
- Viet Nam