- Meeting or Conference
- Capita conferences
- 29 Nov 2012
- United Kingdom (London)
Capita’s 13th national flood and water management conference provides essential guidance for meeting the legislative requirements of the flood and water act and EU directives as well as practical examples of preparation, response and recovery.
The recent drought and devastating flooding brings into sharp focus the need to strengthen flooding resilience by building on progress made in implementing the flood and water act 2010, and by understanding key recommendations to prepare for climate change.
2013 is a pivotal year for stakeholders with secondary measures of the act due to be implemented and EU directive deadlines to be met.
This conference prepares you by bringing together key stakeholders and policy leads to deliver a combination of plenary sessions and best practice guidance focussing on:
- Flood risk insurance after the statement of principles ends
- Developing a robust flood risk management strategy for the 2015 deadline
- Measuring flood hazards and mapping risks
- Establishing sustainable drainage system approving bodies (SABs)
Event feeFrom £225 to £545
- Lead local flood authorities
- Local resilience forums
- Police, fire and rescue and ambulance services
- Strategic partnerships
- Flood risk management teams
- Emergency planning teams
- Civil Contingency Teams
- Communications, ICT and media teams
- Neighbourhood and community engagement teams
- Climate change teams
- Insurance teams
- Utility and Infrastructure Providers
- Central Government Agencies
- Private and Voluntary Sector
How to register
To register, please, visit the online page here.
- Capacity Development, Insurance & Risk Transfer, Governance, GIS & Mapping, Water, Disaster Risk Management
- United Kingdom