- Meeting or Conference
- United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (UNISDR AP); SAARC Disaster Management Centre (SDMC)
- 12 Oct 2012
On the occasion of International Day for Disaster Reduction on 13th October 2012, a regional essay competition shall be held among the children in the SAARC region in collaboration with the UNISDR.
The objectives of the competition would be to:
- To create awareness among the young generation about disaster risk reduction in the SAARC region;
- To provide an opportunity to the young to observe and respond to the specific issues concerning women and girls on the theme of emerging concern in the region; and
- To promote regional cooperation for DRR among the people of the region.
Target audienceThe target group of the competition are the nationals of the SAARC countries in the two age groups of 15-18 years and 19-22 years as of 31st August 2012.
How to register
Essays must be submitted to National Focal Points of the respective country of the participants on or before 10 September 2012. National Focal Points of the member states must submit the 1st winning entry to the SAARC Disaster Management Centre on or before 17 September 2012.
- Capacity Development, Gender, Vulnerable Populations
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka