- Training Course
- Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery, the (GFDRR); National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
- 01 Oct - 09 Nov 2012
This introductory course for development practitioners, gives an overview of the major disaster risk management issues. It raises awareness of the growing risk of natural disasters and promotes a culture of prevention.
The aim of this programme is to raise the level of preparedness as well as to enhance analytical skills and professional competencies of distant key stakeholders in different areas of disaster risk management and mitigation.
The course is open for all those who are interested in acquiring basic knowledge on disaster management, mitigation, prevention, preparedness including :
- Central and local government officials
- General development practitioners
- Policy makers
- Students from technical and non technical institutions
- Academicians from training and teaching institutions
- NGO representatives
- Community dwellers etc.
How to register
Step-1 : Fill up the application form
Step-2 : Attach bank draft of requisite course fee/Bank transfer receipt number with date
Step-3 : Send us the filled up application form to the following Address:
The Programme Manager
(NIDM-WBI e-Learning Courses)
National Institute of Disaster Management
(Ministry of Home Affairs)
5B, IIPA Campus, I P Estate M G Road,
New Delhi-110002, INDIA
- Governance, Disaster Risk Management