- Training Course
- Delnet - Supporting Local Development; International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (ITCILO)
- 30 Mar - 14 Dec 2012
- Italy (Turin)
- ITC/ILO Turin Campus
- English, Spanish
The Delnet Training Course on Disaster Risk Reduction and Sustainable Local Development of the International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (ITC/ILO) was conceived within the framework of the United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UN/ISDR). The course is conceptualized in response to increasing concern about the magnitude of disasters and their impact on local communities worldwide.
Objectives of the Course
• Foster the adoption and implementation at the local level of adequate policies and actions that are sensitive to disaster risk reduction by promoting sustainable local development and strengthening participatory strategic planning.
• Share and develop knowledge and practical tools that will make the management and reduction of risk an integral part of local development efforts.
• Strengthen the capacity of key players to participate in reducing the potential impact of disasters on their territory.
• Promote experience-sharing, cooperation and the stocktaking of best practices.
• Promote the establishment of a global network of local disaster risk and development managers.
• Raise the awareness of local players of the role of recovery in reducing disaster risk and vulnerabilities, while creating the socio-economic conditions for durable development.
• TRAINING UNIT 1 – Globalization, decentralization and local development processes facing the impact of disasters
• TRAINING UNIT 2 – Disaster risk: origin, evaluation, reduction and prevention
• TRAINING UNIT 3 – Strategic planning: a useful tool for risk reduction and sustainable local development
• PRACTICAL GUIDE – Design of local development projects focusing on disaster risk
• TRAINING UNIT 4 – Preparedness to cope with disasters on the territory
• TRAINING UNIT 5 – Transforming post-disaster reconstruction into an opportunity for establishing the conditions for sustainable development
Event fee4.500 Euros (only distance training course price 1.600 Euros).
What is included in the event fee
• Participation to the course and training materials for both distance and residential training;
• Access to the Delnet virtual platforms, which includes electronic mail, virtual library, information service, technical advice and networking;
• Enlistment in the electronic mailing list for the Delnet Network – Delnetlist;
• Board and lodging at the International Training Centre of the ILO (ITC/ILO) in Turin, Italy, during the residential phase (single room, breakfast, lunch and dinner, medical insurance);
• Access to the ITC/ILO campus general services;
• 1 study visit in the Turin region.
Policy-makers and key players in local development management and disaster risk reduction. More specifically people, institutions, governmental and non governmental organizations of civil society and cooperation engaged in the theme of the course.
- Capacity Development, Information Management, Advocacy & Media, Recovery, Urban Risk & Planning, Governance, Economics of DRR, Disaster Risk Management