Registration: 2017 Global Platform
Who can register?
- Member States of the United Nations: Invitations will be sent through the Permanent Missions in Geneva and New York. Persons wishing to become part of their national delegation should contact their National Focal Point for the implementation of the Sendai Framework and/or the Ministry of External Relations or Foreign Affairs. See National focal point on PreventionWeb country pages: http://www.preventionweb.net/english/countries/
- Members of Parliament and local government officials: Encouraged to register as part of their national delegations. Local government representatives from cities that are members of the Making Cities Resilient Campaign, can register now.
- Regional Intergovernmental Organisations: Invitations will be sent to the Head of Inter-Governmental Organizations (IGOs). These organizations will be invited to nominate relevant technical experts and these nominees will then be considered part of the organization’s delegation to the Global Platform.
- United Nations Specialized Agencies, Programmes and International Financial Institutions: Invitations will be sent to the Head of each UN Agency and Programme, or IFI. These organizations will be invited to nominate relevant technical experts within their Agency, who will then be considered part of the agency’s delegation to the Global Platform.
- Other stakeholders: All other stakeholders are invited to register online.
Requests for participation by other expert organizations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Given the nature and purpose of the Global Platform, participation is limited. Only organizations that have demonstrated a strong and continued engagement in disaster risk reduction and implementation of the Sendai Framework, including involvement in UNISDR regional platforms, and which have wide representation and outreach at international level will be considered.
What should be the size of my delegation?
Countries should check with their National Platform Focal Point and/or Sendai Framework Focal Point about the size and composition of the delegation. We strongly encourage the presence of local government and community representatives.
Given the importance and urgency of advancing the implementation of the Sendai Framework, governments and organizations are encouraged to send high-level representatives so as to ensure an interesting exchange and debate during the session as well as a strong and effective follow-up action.
Visa applications to enter Mexico are the responsibility of the participant.