Mission & Disaster Reduction Profile
An-Najah National University is a public institution whose mission is to advance learning, share knowledge and foster the skills needed in young men and women to succeed as persons and professionals in all spheres of life. An-Najah also aims to instill a love of understanding in the students and to promote a culture of scientific excellence. The University strives to equip its students with the skills necessary to be productive and creative members of the Palestinian society and to compete in the domestic, Arab and international work markets.View full profile on PreventionWeb
The University is also dedicated to advancing scientific research on a global level and to meeting the community’s needs by participating in sustainable economic, technical and human development. Additionally, An-Najah strives to preserve the cultural and religious heritage of the Palestinian people and to increase knowledge of this heritage.
Activites in the campaign
- The University seeks opportunities for future cooperation amongst other partners and institution for sharing good practices, knowledge and different experiences.
- The University highlights the need to recognize disaster risk reduction as a subject that cuts across many disciplines.
- Risk assessments should be backed up by good risk management and risk communication.
- The University will promote the ten check list within their scope of action.
- UNISDR welcomes new urban resilience collaboration
- Date: 11 Apr 2014
- New Champion for Making Cities Resilient
- Date: 9 Apr 2014
- Economic hub strives to meet resilience challenge
- Date: 25 Mar 2014
- Mayor's Statement Global Platform DRR 2013 [ENG - PDF 358KB] Mayor's Statement Global Platform DRR 2013 [SPA - PDF 358KB] Chendgu Declaration for Action [PDF, 176KB] Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-2015 [ext. link] Ten-point checklist for making cities resilient [PDF 324KB] Bonn Declaration of the Mayors Adaptation Forum [PDF 175KB] FAQ [PDF 139KB]