Mission & Disaster Reduction Profile
The Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction is a major international network of non-governmental and not-for-profit organisations committed to working together to improve the lives of people affected by disasters world-wide.View full profile on PreventionWeb
Activites in the campaign
- The Global Network supports the Making Cities Resilient Campaign in a variety of ways including.
- GNDR secretariat supports and commits to the campaign to the full membership.
- Encourages participation in the campaign and advocates for building mutually beneficial partnerships between local government and civil society organizations.
- Develops memberships inputs through sharing of local experience, expertise and capacities in the design, management and implementation of urban disaster risk reduction projects.
- Supports in developing better tools and methodologies for urban risk reduction.
- Facilitates membership inputs to “Expert Panels” and consultation groups.
- Encourages greater involvement of local practitioners in relevant regional and international policy forums, seminars, conference and workshops.
- Slovenia joins UNISDR Cities Campaign
- Date: 11 Dec 2014
- Georgia joins resilient cities campaign
- Date: 5 Dec 2014
- Brazil’s São Paulo State recognized by UN for…
- Date: 3 Dec 2014
- Mayor's Statement Global Platform DRR 2013 [ENG - PDF 358KB] Mayor's Statement Global Platform DRR 2013 [SPA - PDF 358KB] Chendgu Declaration for Action [PDF, 176KB] Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-2015 [ext. link] Ten-point checklist for making cities resilient [PDF 324KB] Bonn Declaration of the Mayors Adaptation Forum [PDF 175KB] FAQ [PDF 139KB]