Mission & Disaster Reduction Profile
RICS is the pre-eminent organization of its kind in the world. As such it represents everything that is good in the property profession. Its members offer the very best advice on a surprisingly diverse range of land, property, construction and related environmental issues. It also helps to set, maintain and regulate standards - as well as providing impartial advice to governments and policymakers.View full profile on PreventionWeb
Activites in the campaign
- RICS will contribute to the campaign with a Disaster Management Programme that will be based on an inventory of building codes with safety and DRR criteria.
- RICS DRM programme is 4 fold, Advocacy which aims members working in private and public sectors.
- Build Action: demand driven pilot project support or professional services pro bono (up to 4 weeks).
- Capacity building: towards members; humanitarian agencies on land issues; local professionals- in field (ex Haiti, advising on building codes, risk assessments, land issues).
- Dissemination: promote and document good practice, guide books etc.
- RICS will prepare a proposal on how to apply their services as part of the Resilient Cities Campaign.
- Cities campaign at core of island development plans
- Date: 28 Nov 2013
- DRR takes centre stage of typhoon recovery
- Date: 26 Nov 2013
- Super Typhoon Haiyan "a turning point" for disaster…
- Date: 12 Nov 2013
- Mayor's Statement Global Platform DRR 2013 [ENG - PDF 358KB] Mayor's Statement Global Platform DRR 2013 [SPA - PDF 358KB] Chendgu Declaration for Action [PDF, 176KB] Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-2015 [ext. link] Ten-point checklist for making cities resilient [PDF 324KB] Bonn Declaration of the Mayors Adaptation Forum [PDF 175KB] FAQ [PDF 139KB]