Mission & Disaster Reduction Profile
RICS is the pre-eminent organization of its kind in the world. As such it represents everything that is good in the property profession. Its members offer the very best advice on a surprisingly diverse range of land, property, construction and related environmental issues. It also helps to set, maintain and regulate standards - as well as providing impartial advice to governments and policymakers.View full profile on PreventionWeb
Activites in the campaign
- RICS will contribute to the campaign with a Disaster Management Programme that will be based on an inventory of building codes with safety and DRR criteria.
- RICS DRM programme is 4 fold, Advocacy which aims members working in private and public sectors.
- Build Action: demand driven pilot project support or professional services pro bono (up to 4 weeks).
- Capacity building: towards members; humanitarian agencies on land issues; local professionals- in field (ex Haiti, advising on building codes, risk assessments, land issues).
- Dissemination: promote and document good practice, guide books etc.
- RICS will prepare a proposal on how to apply their services as part of the Resilient Cities Campaign.
- Urban resilience goes on-line
- Date: 9 Apr 2015
- Japan and Netherlands join UNISDR in resilient cities…
- Date: 17 Mar 2015
- ISO standard to disaster-proof cities announced at UN…
- Date: 13 Mar 2015
- Mayor's Statement Global Platform DRR 2013 [ENG - PDF 358KB] Mayor's Statement Global Platform DRR 2013 [SPA - PDF 358KB] Chendgu Declaration for Action [PDF, 176KB] Hyogo Framework for Action 2005-2015 [ext. link] Ten-point checklist for making cities resilient [PDF 324KB] Bonn Declaration of the Mayors Adaptation Forum [PDF 175KB] FAQ [PDF 139KB]