International day for disaster reduction - Myanmar
Type: Meeting or Conference
Organizer(s): Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Resettlement
Date: 11-15 Oct 2010
The Government of Union of Myanmar with various UN agencies, international and local NGOs will celebrate the International day for disaster reduction from 11-15 October 2010, including:
1. Disaster preparedness poster making contest
2. Radio interviews on Mandalay FM station(s)
3. International disaster risk reduction day celebrations (Making Cities Resilient: "My city is getting ready" world disaster reduction campaign). The Ministry of Social Welfare, Relief and Development will sponsor a “state level” ceremony where delegations from the diplomatic corps, heads of UN agencies, INGO and Local NGOs as well as Ministers and representatives from various Government Ministries will be invited to celebrate the International DRR day (see programme).
4. Tsunami early warning exercise (tentative)
5. Launch of Myanmar Country Interim Report on the Hyogo Framework for Action (HFA) (tentative)
6. Activities in other parts of the country and communities
7. Other activities including working group meetings (see programme).