for use of the Logo of the World Conference on Disaster Reduction
The General Assembly
in its resolution A/RES/58/214 decided to convene a World Conference
on Disaster Reduction in Kobe, Hyogo, Japan, 18-22 January 2005.
The logo for the WCDR will be available in the six official United
Nations languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and
Spanish. The colors and proportions of the logo must not be changed.
uses of the logo
The logo is primarily intended for two kinds of promotional use:
information and fundraising, as outlined below:
uses of the logo
Information uses of the logo are those which are:
- Not intended to raise funds; and
- Not carried out by a commercial for-profit entity
is required for use of the logo to publicize the WCDR, provided
the aims and purposes of its use are in keeping with those
of the WCDR. However, a waiver of liability should be provided
to the United Nations (see Section 4 below), together with
a description of its use.
uses of the logo
uses of the logo are those intended to cover costs of voluntary
activities for the WCDR. They may be undertaken only by non-commercial
to use the logo for national and international fund-raising
purposes is given by the Conference Secretariat of the WCDR.
permission, please provide:
- a short statement of identity (membership, objectives, etc);
- an explanation of how and where the logo will be used; and
- an explanation of the purposes of fund-raising
- a waiver of liability (see Section 4)
uses of the logo (please contact to the Conference Secretariat)
is not generally intended to for commercial use. Commercial
uses of the logo are all those undertaken by or involving commercial
for-profit entities, as well as any use intended to lead to
commercial or personal profit.
to use the logo commercially can be given only by the Conference
logo is used commercially, a contract must be signed with the
United Nations. In particular, such contracts must conform
to Section 4 below.
permission to use the logo for commercial purposes, please
contact to the Secretariat by e-mail
- The nature of your company or enterprise;
- The proposed uses of the logo;
- The names of countries/territories where the logo will be used;
- The nature of products/services that you produce/sell in those
- How your products relate to the World Conference on Disaster
- What profits you expect to make from use of the logo; and
- A summary budget, giving your expenses and any proposed royalties
or contributions you expect to make to local, national or international
activities for the preparation of the WCDR or in favor of implementation
of its outcome.
authorized to use the logo, whether for information, fund-raising
or commercial purposes, must acknowledge that (you can use
the form “Waiver
of Liability” which includes following
- the entity is responsible for ensuring that the activities are
carried out in accordance with the applicable law and for ensuring
that appropriate insurance is maintained to cover the risks arising
out of such activities;
- the United Nations does not assume any responsibilities for the
activities of such entity; and
- the entity shall hold harmless and defend the United Nations
and its officials against any action that may be brought against
the United Nations or its officials as a result of the use of the
logo is used for information and fund-raising purposes, the
language must be incorporated into a waiver of liability that
is signed by the entity and provided to the Conference Secretariat.
The form of the waiver of liability may be used. Contracts
and waivers containing such language must be provided to the
United Nations before the proposed activities are carried out.
logo is used for commercial purposes, the foregoing language
must be incorporated into a contract to be signed by the entity.
Additionally, contracts should also contain the United Nations
General Conditions for contracts (This document can be provided
by the Conference Secretariat).
All inquiries about
the use of the logo should be directed to:
Palais des Nations, CH-1211
Geneva 10, Switzerland
E-mail: [email protected]